Student Affairs Committee
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
12:00 p.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Jeff Grossenbacher, Allison Camp, Rob Rogers, Dave Hazekamp, Susan Franklin, Jill Brott, and Bob Szymoniak
1. An update on the high school Graduation Advocate position detailing how the high school is responding to students behind on credits was presented.
2. The option of implementing a closed campus at the high school given the new construction was discussed. The high school administration will return to a Student Affairs Committee meeting in February with a recommendation.
3. Consolidation of handling truancy making it a central office function was discussed. This work is in its infancy and the Student Affairs Committee will be kept informed on developments.
4. Charging students who fail virtual/dual enrollment courses for the cost of these courses was discussed. Committee member Susan Franklin will review the 21f law to determine if this would be allowed. This issue will be revisited at a future meeting.
5. District branding guidelines were reviewed as was the roll-out plan. The plan, as presented during the meeting, needed some adjustments. The Committee will review those adjustments as part of the Board packet for the upcoming Board meeting. Any further need for adjustment will be made at that meeting prior to taking action.
Meeting Adjourned at 1:20 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak