Student Affairs Committee
Monday, May 9, 2022
Fruitport Community Schools Central Office
3255 E. Pontaluna Rd.
Fruitport, MI 49415
The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m. with Tim Burgess, Susan Franklin, Dave Hazekamp, and Jason Kennedy present.
- Adult Education Handbook – The Committee discussed edits to the Adult Education Handbook that were brought forward at the April 2022 Committee meeting. Jason will review these edits with Brenda Baker and the Adult Education Staff, and will provide an electronic copy of the handbook with the requested changes to the Board. It is recommended that the Board approve the Adult Education Handbook with the modifications discussed in committee.
- Board Policy 5407: Instructional Program and Curriculum Development – The Committee discussed the Board’s current policy 5407, Instructional Program and Curriculum Development, as well as the optional policy updates for policy 5407 from Thrun Law Firm. It is recommended that the Board approve the policy updates, as discussed in committee.
- Ticket Pricing Plan – The Committee discussed a new ticket pricing plan that was proposed by Jonny Morehouse, Athletic Director. This plan covers admission into home athletic events and is designed to support students and their families, while reducing the cost burden of our families in attending home athletic events. The proposed ticket structure for the 2022-2023 school year is as follows:
● Family Pass: $200 (includes everyone in the immediate family of one household)
● Adult Pass: $75
● Student Pass: $20
● Staff: Free (must present staff badge at the event)
● Family cap of $20 per event when purchasing tickets at the gate.
It is recommended that the Board approve the ticket pricing plan, as discussed in committee.
- Other – The Committee reviewed items from each of the other Board Committee meetings to provide a general overview of the topics to be discussed at the Regular Board Meeting on Monday, May 16, 2022.
- Public Comment: None
- Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:15 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Jason Kennedy, Superintendent