Monday, May 9, 2022
Fruitport Community Schools Central Office
3255 E. Pontaluna Rd.
Fruitport, MI 49415
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 p.m. and Dave Hazekamp, Steve Kelly, JB Meeuwenberg, and Jason Kennedy were present.
- Letter of Agreement: Fruitport Education Association (FEA) – The Committee discussed a LOA between the Board of Education and the FEA as it pertains to Article 4(b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the parties. A copy of the LOA was provided to the Committee. It is recommended that the Board of Education approve and ratify the LOA at the special meeting on May 9, 2022, as presented and discussed.
- Teacher Hiring Recommendations – The Committee reviewed the hiring process for the following positions: Second grade (2 positions), secondary choir, elementary STEM, high school science, and high school business. The second grade positions and the secondary position hiring recommendations will be included for approval under the personnel report in the consent agenda at the Board meeting. The hiring process for the remaining positions listed above is still ongoing, with the intent of hiring each of these positions prior to the end of the school year.
- Bulletin 01 Change Order Request – The Committee reviewed an update on the change order request outlined in Bulletin 01. This change order request is due to updated drawings, as discussed. An approved allowance was originally budgeted for these changes, but the change order is above the budgeted allowance amount. This was reviewed with the Committee prior to the special meeting of the Board on May 9, 2022.
- Other: The Committee reviewed items from each of the other Board Committee meetings to provide a general overview of the topics to be discussed at the Regular Board Meeting on Monday, May 16, 2022.
- Public Comment: None
- Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 5:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Jason Kennedy, Superintendent