The Muskegon Area Transit System is proposing a series of System Adjustments to be implemented beginning January 1, 2018. Below is a summary of the changes proposed, followed by additional information regarding this proposal. A 30-day public comment period will be held regarding this proposal from November 1, 2017, to November 30, 2017. During this period, interested persons may submit written comments to:
Muskegon Area Transit System
Attn: Transit Systems Manager
2624 Sixth Street
Muskegon Heights, MI 49444
A public hearing will be held to gain input on these proposals at the Muskegon County Hall of Justice, 990 Terrace Street, Fourth Floor Board Chambers, on Thursday, November 16, 2017, at 3:30 pm. Please arrive early as all persons entering the Hall of Justice must pass security screening.
The proposed changes will:
1) Reduce and Realign Saturday Services, Effective January 1, 2018.
2) Reduce Service on Selected Holidays, Effective January 1, 2018.
3) Change the Weekday Scheduled Route End Time for Route 40 – Peck Sanford to 5:10pm, Rather Than 5:33pm, Effective January 1, 2018.
4) Increase prices for MATS Monthly Bus Passes by $10.00 Each, Beginning with February 2018 Bus Pass Sales.
5) Remove the 7:15am Scheduled Northbound Departure from the MARC Route
115 – Montague Schedule, Effective January 1, 2018, Leaving Other Departures and Routing for Route 115 – Montague Unchanged at this Time.
6) Remove the MARC Route 120 – Holton and MARC Route 125 – Ravenna from
Service, Effective January 1, 2018.
If you would like more information, visit http://matsbus.com.