PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
FRUITPORT CHARTER TOWNSHIP
5865 AIRLINE RD
FRUITPORT, MI 49415
July 17, 2018
6:30 PM WORK SESSION
7:00 PM BOARD MEETING
Continue review of ordinances:42-152 – “Zero Lot Line in 152” up to 42-160.
01. Roll Call:
Commissioners present: Chairman Michael Michelli, Geoff Newmeyer, Brett Suchecki, and Jeff Jacobs.
Staff present: Jacob Mason, Kim Morse, & Supervisor Tice
Commissioners absent: Kyle Osterhart, Jason Franklin, and Matthew Farrar
02. Approval of Planning Commission Minutes for June 19, 2018:
With NO CHANGES needing to be made, Chairman Michelli ACCEPTED the Minutes as presented.
03. Approve / Amend Agenda:
With NO CHANGES needing to be made, Chairman Michelli ACCEPTED the Agenda as presented.
04. Correspondence / Reports:
Chair Michelli referenced a conversation between himself and Ron Bultje regarding future site plan approvals. The conversation included the facts that if it is the intent of the Commission to limit or place restrictions on any site for the betterment of the community or surrounding properties, then we should do so as contingencies in the Approvals.
05. Public Comments pertaining to agenda topics:
NO Public Comment
07. Site Plan Review Modification – Chandy Acres East 2239 Mt. Garfield Rd.
Purpose: Modification of approved site plan under section 42-226
NO new information or action taken regarding this approval. This item remains tabled.
08. Supervisor Tice expressed a need for a Business Registration Ordinance. The Commission agreed to assist in the composing of the Enforcement Ordinance for the Township. Supervisor Tice is going to get the Commission samples of similar ordinances from other municipalities as well as the items she would like to see expressed in the new ordinance being composed.
09. Supervisor Tice also discussed the Blight Ordinance. The Commission informed her that Blight Ordinances are Enforcement Ordinances and should be handled as such. There was much discussion as to violation fines and how to best handle these issues. She is looking for increased fine amounts and decrease the times of enforcement. The Commission agreed to assist in writing/improving on the Blight Ordinance but asked the Supervisor to speak with the Township Attorney to inquire about linking the unpaid fines to the property taxes and any other legal issues that may accompany increasing the fines and decreasing enforcement times. The Commission also asked samples of this ordinance and for the particulars of the fine amounts, times, etc. before proceeding.
10. Public Comments:
NO Public Comment
11. Adjournment 7:47pm