Thursday, October 11, 2018
5:00 p.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Dave Hazekamp, Tim Burgess, Steve Kelly, and Bob Szymoniak
1. Tentative agreements regarding Transportation/Food Service, Affiliated Administrators, and Clerical were reviewed with a recommendation from the Committee for Board action.
2. Non-affiliate staff pay increases were reviewed with a recommendation from the Committee for Board action.
3. Pay increases for Early Childhood Center staff were reviewed with a recommendation from the Committee for Board action.
4. An increase of $4.00/week/child for Early Childhood day care was reviewed and will be recommended for action by the Business and Finance Committee.
5. A change order for the high school construction project was reviewed and will be on the upcoming Board agenda for action.
6. FCS has approximately 30 students that are considered English as a Second Language (ESL). To comply with federal law, we must have an ESL teacher and therefore the position has been posted. Once a qualified and certified ESL is found, the Committee gave permission to move forward with filling this position. It will be ½ time or less.
7. Last year’s merit pay proposal for teachers and building administrators was reviewed and it was recommended to move forward with that proposal again with minor tweaks as presented.
Meeting adjourned at 6:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak