Fruitport Community Schools
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
Monday, May 17, 2021 – 7:00 p.m.
Board Room and via Zoom
Connect to Zoom from your computer, tablet, or smartphone at:
Meeting ID: 955 7815 8376
I. CALL to ORDER
II. PLEDGE of ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
VII. SUPERINTENDENT/ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS
VIII. REMARKS FROM THE PUBLIC*
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes of May 3, 2021 (attachment IX-1)
- Approval of Bills (attachment IX-2)
General Fund $318,732.95
Early Childhood Center 687.59
Food Service 1,772.50
Coop Ed (ISD) Tech Millage 185,518.94
Capital Projects (Bond) 52,407.16
Total Bill List $559,119.14
- Acceptance of Monthly Financial Report and ACH Transactions (attachment IX-3)
- Acceptance of Student Activity Summary Report (attachment IX-4)
- Acceptance of Credit Card and Utilities Report (attachment IX-5)
- Approval of Capital Projects Progress Report (attachment IX-6)
- Approval of Personnel Report (includes confirmation of new hires, resignations, retirees, and transfers) (attachment IX-7)
X. GENERAL BOARD BUSINESS
- Continuation of the Instructional Plan (attachment X-1)
- Nominate and Approve an Acting Secretary of the Board (attachment X-2)
- MAISD 2021-22 General Fund Budget Resolution (attachment (attachment X-3)
- MAISD Biennial Election Resolution (attachment X-4)
- Resolution Authorizing the Issuance and Delegating the Sale of Bonds (attachment X-5)
- MHSAA 2021-22 Membership Resolution (attachment X-6)
XI. BUSINESS & FINANCE COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Elroy Buckner, Chairperson
XII. PERSONNEL COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Steve Kelly, Chairperson
XIII. STUDENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Jill Brott, Chairperson
- Report of Committee Meeting held May 12, 2021 (attachment XIII-1)
XIV. BOARD MEMBER REPORTS AND DISCUSSIONS
XV. AGENDA ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS & SCHEDULING OF SPECIAL MEETINGS
- Schedule Business & Finance Committee Meeting
- Schedule Personnel Committee Meeting
- Schedule Student Affairs Committee Meeting
- Special Meeting, Monday, May 24th @ 6:00 pm
- Retirement Celebration, June 1st – High School Cafeteria @ 4:30 p.m.
- High School Graduation – Doc Pierce Field @ 6:30 p.m.
- Special Meeting, Monday, June 21st @ 6:00 p.m.
- Special Meeting, Wednesday, June 23rd @ 6:00 p.m.
- Special Meeting, Thursday, June 24th @ 6:00 p.m.
- Truth and Taxation Special Board Meeting, Monday, June 28th @ 6:30 p.m.
- June Regular Board Meeting, Monday, June 28th @ 7:00 p.m.
- Special Meeting, Tuesday, June 29th @ 6:00 p.m.
XVI. REMARKS FROM THE PUBLIC*
*Time is provided for members of the audience to address the Board of Education regarding any topic including items on the agenda. The board is providing two opportunities for the public to comment during the meeting. The first is for people who wish to bring issues to the Board of Education for board consideration. At the end of the meeting the board will provide a brief opportunity for community members to comment on activities and/or discussion that took place during the board meeting. Time limits may be placed if a large number of individuals would like to address the board.