Fruitport Community Schools
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
3255 E. Pontaluna Rd, Fruitport 49415
Monday, September 19, 2022 – 7:00 p.m.
I. CALL to ORDER
II. PLEDGE of ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
a. MDE / MiMTSS Recognition on Data Utilization: FHS and FMS
VII. SUPERINTENDENT/ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS
a. Update on Construction Projects – John Winskas
b. Section 98b: School Goal Requirements and Continuity of Service Plan
c. Section 98c: Funding for Learning Loss
d. Review of Grade 3-8 MSTEP Data and Comprehensive District Report
VIII. REMARKS FROM THE PUBLIC*
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Bill Listing (attachment IX-1)
Early Childhood Center
Cooperative Educ (ISD) – Tech Millage
Total Bill List:
- Acceptance of Monthly Financial, Bond, and Capital Projects Report (attachment IX-2)
- Acceptance of Student Activity Summary Report (attachment IX-3)
- Acceptance of Credit Card and Utilities Report (attachment IX-4)
- Approval of Transfers and ACH Transactions Report (attachment IX-5)
- Approval of Personnel Report (includes confirmation of new hires, resignations, retirees, and transfers) (attachment IX-6)
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes of August 24, 2022 (attachment IX-7)
X. GENERAL BOARD BUSINESS
a. Second Reading: Board / Thrun Law Firm Annual Policy Update (attachment X-1)
b. Executed Drainage Easement and Quit Claim Deed (attachment X-2)
c. Approved School Land Division Application (attachment X-3)
XI. BUSINESS & FINANCE COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Elroy Buckner, Chairperson
- Report of Committee Meeting held September 12, 2022 (attachment XI-1)
XII. PERSONNEL COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Steve Kelly, Chairperson
- Report of Committee Meeting held September 12, 2022 (attachment XII-1)
- Bond and Project Construction Management Stipend (attachment XII-2)
- Letter of Agreement: Fruitport Bus Drivers / Food Service Association (attachment XII-3)
XIII. STUDENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Susan Franklin, Chairperson
- Report of Committee Meeting held September 12, 2022 (attachment XIII-1)
- Resolution: Petition for Student 091922-01 Reinstatement (attachment XIII-2)
- Overnight Trip Request: 8th Grade Trip to Washington, DC (attachment XIII-3)
XIV. BOARD MEMBER REPORTS AND DISCUSSIONS
XV. AGENDA ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS & SCHEDULING OF SPECIAL MEETINGS
- Business & Finance Committee Meeting: October 10, 2022 at 11:30 a.m.
- Personnel Committee Meeting: October 10, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- Student Affairs Committee Meeting: October 10, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
- Board of Education Meeting: October 17, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
XVI. REMARKS FROM THE PUBLIC*
*Time is provided for members of the audience to address the Board of Education regarding any topic including items on the agenda. The Board is providing two opportunities for the public to comment during the meeting. The first is for people who wish to bring issues to the Board of Education for board consideration. At the end of the meeting, the Board will provide a brief opportunity for community members to comment on activities and/or discussion that took place during the Board meeting. Time limits may be placed if a large number of individuals would like to address the Board.
Note: Upon request to the Superintendent, the District shall make reasonable accommodation for a person with disabilities to be able to participate in this meeting.