Wednesday, August 16, 2017
7:00 a.m. ~ Superintendents Office
Attendance: Steve Kelly, Dave Hazekamp, Tim Burgess, Bob Szymoniak
1. A raise of $0.35 was discussed for Early Childhood Center (ECC) minimum wage employees effective January, 2018 and a raise of $0.35 for all remaining ECC employees effective October 2, 2018 were recommended to the full Board for action.
2. An update was given on the scope of posting for the Operations Director position. The posting will close by the first of September.
3. A restructuring of Central/Business Office was discussed that would create a more dedicated human resource presence within our district. More on this as it develops.
4. Board policy updates pertaining to the Personnel Committee were reviewed.
5. It was noted that contract negotiations with the FEA would begin next week for the 2017/18 school year.
6. Fruitport Township’s proposed Downtown Development Authority was briefly discussed.
Meeting adjourned at 7:51 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak