Wednesday, August 16, 2017
4:00 p.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Jill Brott, Susan Franklin, Dave Hazekamp, Allison Camp, Bob Szymoniak
1. A discussion was held concerning the proposed restructuring of central/business office staff so that there is a dedicated human resources presence in the district along with a central registrar to help with summer enrollment and schools of choice.
2. The Fruitport High School Student Handbook was reviewed and will be placed on the Board agenda for approval.
3. Changes to Adult Education graduation requirements for pupils were discussed. This has gone through two readings at Instructional Council. It will be on the Board agenda for approval.
4. Updates to Board policy that related to the Student Affairs Committee were discussed. These policies will be on the Board agenda for a second reading.
5. The strategic plan, FCS III was discussed as it is at the end of its lifespan. This matter will be taken up again at an upcoming workshop yet to be scheduled.
Adjournment at 5:03 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak