Wednesday, March 14, 2018
7:00 a.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Steve Kelly, Dave Hazekamp, Tim Burgess, Bob Szymoniak
1. A brief update on a pending lawsuit was presented.
2. A brief update on a pending grievance was presented.
3. Committee members were informed that an updated bond spreadsheet will be part of the financials in every Board packet as we move forward with the bond project.
4. It was discussed that in order to staff the new Transitional Kindergarten program the district would need to hire a paraprofessional, but a hiring a new teacher at this time was not necessary. That said, to staff this position there may be involuntary transfers among elementary teachers.
5. It was discussed that the Board would be asked to rescind an action they approved last summer to go out for bid regarding repairs to the pool. Currently our construction manager is working with our new operations director to get a more comprehensive and accurate picture of the repairs needed and associated cost of bringing the pool back online.
6. A property exchange with Spring Lake was discussed regarding a lot in the Hathaway Lakes subdivision that is part in the Spring Lake school district and part in Fruitport. In order to make the lot completely part of the Spring Lake district, they are willing to give a small parcel of property to Fruitport in exchange.
7. Virtual programming for students unable to attend day school was briefly discussed.
Adjourned at 8:00 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak