Tuesday, May 15, 2018
7:00 a.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Steve Kelly, Dave Hazekamp, Bob Szymoniak
1. It was shared that a teacher has been selected for the transitional kindergarten program we plan to begin next fall.
2. The committee was asked their opinion on moving forward with the pool given the cost estimates for pool repair that were recently received. The committee members present did not favor spending such a large amount of money on our pool. Further use of that space will be explored in the coming months.
3. It was shared that the district received funding to employ a Community Resource Navigator. This person will perform a social work/counselor type of role in helping connect human service agencies to families in need. The person will also work with the faith community getting it organized to provide support for needy students, and related programs.
4. The resolution to transfer ½ of a lot within the Hathaway Lakes residential development from Fruitport to Spring Lake was discussed and will be on the Board agenda for action.
5. Conversation was held on student behavior and the possible causes for the increases in incidence of concerning behavior, particularly from our youngest students.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak