PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
FRUITPORT CHARTER TOWNSHIP
5865 AIRLINE RD
FRUITPORT, MI 49415
November 20, 2018
6:30 PM WORK SESSION
7:00 PM BOARD MEETING
Continue review of ordinances
-Start at 42-220, 10 ended at 42-223
01. Roll Call. Michelli, Osterhart, Suchecki, Franklin, Newmyer, Farrar, & Jacobs. Staff, Supervisor Tice, K. Morse & Jacob Mason.
02. Approval of Planning Commission Minutes: October 16, 2018. Motion was made by Osterhart to approve as submitted. Motion supported by Suchecki and carried unanimously.
03. Approve / Amend Agenda. Accepted the agenda as submitted.
04. Correspondence / Reports. None.
05. Public Comments pertaining to agenda topics
06. Site Plan Review Modification – Shelby State Bank
Purpose: Modification of approved site plan
Motion made by Jacobs/Newmyer to go into public hearing. Unanimous. Jeremy Horton 4870 West Shelby Road, Shelby MI designed the improvements and answered questions. No alterations to the drive through, just improvements to the columns. Existing lighting to not change. Motion made by Jacobs/Newmyer to close public hearing. Unanimous
1. The motion is made by to grant the site plan request and special luse for parcel number(s) 15-125-400-0031-00
2. The motion is based upon specific findings by the Township relative to the factors specified in Section 42-224 of the Zoning Chapter.
–a. All elements of the site plan are harmoniously and efficiently organized in relation to topography, the size and type of lot, the character of adjoining property and the type and size of buildings. The site [will/will not] impede the normal and orderly development or improvement of surrounding property for permitted uses. This finding is based upon the following fact(s): Improve existing use.
–b. The landscape will be preserved in its natural state, insofar as practicable, by minimizing tree and soil removal, and by topographic modifications which result in maximum harmony with adjacent areas. This finding is based upon the following fact(s): Site plan
–c. Special attention has been given to proper site surface drainage. Removal of stormwaters will not adversely affect neighboring properties. This finding is based upon the following fact(s): Site plan
–e. Buildings or groups of buildings are arranged as to permit emergency vehicle access. This finding is based upon the following fact(s): Site Plan
–f. Every structure or dwelling unit does have access to a public street, walkway, or other area dedicated to common use. This finding is based upon the following fact(s): Site plan
–g. A pedestrian circulation system which is insulated as completely as reasonably possible from the vehicular circulation system is provided. This finding is based upon the following fact(s): Site plan
3. If the motion is to grant approval, the following conditions are established.
–a. The development must comply with the site plan, dated 7-23-18, submitted to the Township, as well as any written material submitted by the applicant to the Township.
–b. The development must comply with all federal, state, and Muskegon County laws, rules, regulations, and requirements.
–c. The development must be acquired, developed, and completed in conformance with the Zoning Chapter, as amended, and the rest of the Fruitport Charter Township Code of Ordinances.
–d. The development must be completed within 2 years. This deadline may be extended by the Township, without going through the entire application process, upon request by the applicant and evidence showing that the applicant is proceeding in good faith toward completion.
–e. If the site plan approval is contingent upon public water service or public sanitary sewer service or both being provided, then no construction of the development may begin until all required easements are in place, all required forms have been completed, and all approvals for service have been obtained.
–f. A digital copy of the site plan as approved shall be provided to the Fire Inspector at firstname.lastname@example.org, or such other e-mail address as the Fire Inspector may designate.
–g. Any other conditions placed by the Township upon the site plan approval: None
Motion supported by Jacobs: Unanimous on a roll call vote.
07. Business Registration Ordinance: Discussion. PC made some suggestions to staff. Staff will make changes and bring back an updated version.
08. Site Plan Review Modification – Chandy Acres East 2239 Mt. Garfield Rd.
Purpose: Modification of approved site plan under section 42-226
No action taken.
09. Public Comments: Mike Prince, 2265 Cress Creek provided input to the PC on outdoor storage when considering ordinance changes. Suggest the PC have an ordinance on how campers, boats, and RV’s are parked in residential areas. Outdoor storage in residential districts has been reviewed by the PC but not yet sent to the Board for its consideration.
Chair Michelli adjourned the meeting at 8:05
The township will provide necessary reasonable aids and services for this meeting to individuals with disabilities by writing or telephoning the Township Clerk:
Fruitport Charter Township
5865 Airline Rd, Fruitport, MI 49415