Wednesday, April 10, 2019
12:00 p.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Allison Camp, Jill Brott, Susan Franklin, Dave Hazekamp, Bob Szymoniak
1. The new course, Spanish 5, was discussed. It received support from Instructional Council and will be placed on the Board agenda for consideration to be added to the high school course offerings.
• a. Muskegon Made as it relates to counseling was discussed.
• b. An update on Hackely Community Care placing a counselor in Edgewood Elementary was given.
3. It was reported that an old course, Coding, was being resurrected and offered to high school students this coming fall.
4. Music Department assignments and leadership where discussed in that we are preparing the foundation to grow and expand programming in the future.
5. Susan mentioned that May 1 was Law Day and encouraged teachers to bring students to the Ottawa County Courthouse for related programming.
6. Allison invited Student Affairs Committee members to join district school improvement teams for a work session at the MAISD on April 25 from 4-7:30 p.m.
7. A discussion was held on Instructional Assistant turnover.
Meeting adjourned at 12:53 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak