Student Affairs Committee
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
12:00 p.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Dave Hazekamp, Susan Franklin, Jill Brott, Allison Camp, Mark Mesbergen, Ken Erny, Bob Szymoniak
1. The new high school course, Lifetime PE was approved to be placed on the Board agenda for action. This course previously received two affirmative reviews by Instructional Council.
2. Budget amendments were reviewed.
3. The date for the upcoming Headlee Override election was discussed.
4. Discussion was held on FCS’s Focus on Excellence. An upcoming Board workshop will be held to address this matter further.
5. The reinstatement of middle school athletic B teams was discussed and will be placed on the Board agenda for action.
6. The proposed Fruitport High School Marching Band handbook was presented and will be placed on the Board agenda for action.
7. Discussion was held on learning corridor furniture at the high school and whether parents had access to what books students check out from our libraries.
Meeting adjourned at 12:45 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak