TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY SEES TREMENDOUS SUPPORT DURING THIRD ANNUAL NATIONAL FFA ORGANIZATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. CUSTOMER DONATIONS INCREASE MORE THAN 25 PERCENT IN 2015 FOR YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS, FFA FUNDING.
BRENTWOOD, Tenn. (March 25, 2015) – Tractor Supply Company and the National FFA Foundation are proud to report another year growth for their third annual Growing Scholars program. From February 20 to March 1, Tractor Supply customers across the country donated $563,482, an increase of more than 25 percent from 2014 donations. This year’s donations will result in 427 $1,000 scholarships awarded to FFA members in their pursuit of a college degree.
The Growing Scholars program was supported nationally by each of the more than 1,400 Tractor Supply stores as part of National FFA Week. Tractor Supply customers supported local FFA chapters and their members by purchasing an FFA emblem for $1 at store registers during the checkout process. 90 percent of funds raised are being utilized to fund scholarships for FFA members, with the remaining 10 percent benefitting state FFA organizations.
“We have very loyal and giving customers, and to see an increase in support for our Growing Scholars program is a tribute to the kind of customers that shop at our stores,” said Greg Sandfort, Tractor Supply President and Chief Executive Officer. “Being able to provide scholarships to FFA members and funding for state FFA organizations is tremendous because they are a part of Tractor Supply, both as customers and as potential team members. They share the same values and lifestyle that Tractor Supply supports.”
The National FFA Foundation selected FFA members across the United States to receive the scholarships. To be eligible for a scholarship, students must have been current FFA members and either a high school senior or a freshman, sophomore or junior college student seeking a two- or four-year degree or other specialized training program. Major areas of study were also considered when determining scholarship recipients. For the final report of funds raised, visit www.TractorSupply.com/FFA.
“We are thrilled with the results of the third annual Growing Scholars program,” said Molly A. Ball, National FFA Foundation President. “We are very thankful for Tractor Supply’s continued support of FFA and the efforts of its customers to give our youth a chance to grow.”