Candidate for State Rep. – 91st District
I am running for re-election because our hometown and hard-working taxpayers deserve an effective Representative that gets things done. I will stay focused on jobs and the economy. As the author of over 15 new laws, I have helped people all across our county to cut through bureaucratic red tape and advocate for common sense West Michigan solutions. I have worked closely with our county’s educators to make sure they have the resources to provide a world-class education to our kids, and I have fought for our veterans because they have always fought for our freedoms. I ask for your support so that our hometown values continue to have a voice in Lansing!
Family: My husband Rick and I have two daughters, Morgan and Taylor and Son-in-law Jonah.
Education: Michigan State University – 1981 B.A. Business
– State Rep. – 91st District 2011-2012 & 2015 to Present (2 terms)
– White River Twp. Trustee – 1996-2008 (3 terms)
– American Hometown Leadership Award – 1999 Received from National Assn. of Towns and Townships Association. Nominated by my fellow White River Twp. board members for channel restoration project and development of life ring alarm system (first in the nation.)
– Montague Area Public School Board
– MUSTFA Board – Appointed by Gov. John Engler
– Muskegon Local Emergency Planning Commission (LEPC) – Former Board Member
For more information go to: http://www.hollyhughes.com