WATCH MUSKEGON… BEAUTIFY
The goal of the Watch Muskegon Campaign is to enhance the overall image of the Muskegon area and to share positive changes both locally and regionally – early data results show that our efforts are working!
As we continue to focus on our three pillars of Education, Beautification, and Marketing, we’d like to share how the Watch Muskegon campaign has made an impact with Beautification!
DID YOU KNOW?
The Watch Muskegon Beautification pillar focuses on Muskegon County with an emphasis on one of our main corridors, Sherman Boulevard. We began our beautification process with a study identifying ways to improve Sherman Boulevard. A complete link to the Beautification Study can be found here. Since the beginning of the campaign, Watch Muskegon has…
• Created and been involved with multiple clean-up projects along Sherman Blvd.
• Coordinated a major clean-up project on Sherman Blvd. which included curb enhancements on a 1.5 mile stretch from Seaway Dr. to Getty St.
• Began an implementation strategy for gateway features in key areas along Sherman Blvd. from US-31 to Lake Michigan.
• Identified multiple locations for pocket parks on Sherman Blvd. and began the approval process for one pocket park.
• Facilitated an Adopt-a-Lot Program.
• Added permanent trash receptacles in locations with significant foot traffic and debris.
• Worked with organizations to clean-up blighted properties.
• Painted fencing along Sherman Blvd.
• Researched and drafted a proposal for an anti-litter campaign.
• Created relationships with municipalities, local residents and businesses along Sherman Blvd. to implement change.
The Watch Muskegon campaign is comprised of several local businesses and individuals throughout Muskegon County and is funded 100% by private donations. The “US” in WATCH US GO is everyone, and anyone can be part of the positive change!
Have questions? Contact Carla Flanders at email@example.com.