Fruitport District Library Maintenance Personnel
Reports to: Fruitport District Library Board
General Summary: Oversees the general maintenance and upkeep of the Library facilities.
• Have a basic understanding of or able to learn plumbing and electrical practices and regulations.
• Have a basic knowledge of or be able to learn public safety techniques and procedures.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute routine maintenance.
• Maintain the grounds, including mowing grass, monitoring the sprinkler system, keeping flower beds, and laying seed such as fertilizer and lawn care products.
• Remove snow from driveway and Library walkways, and lay salt. (not on call 24/7)
• Make basic repairs and maintenance on the Library facility as needed, such as replacing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, replacing duct filters, and replacing outlet covers.
• Communicate and coordinate repairs with outsourced contractors as needed, such as HVAC, cleaning, plumbing, and electrical contractors with board approval.
• Purchase repair and maintenance materials pending board approval with exceptions of emergency.
• Be on call for emergency repairs.
• Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with the public.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, with other staff members.
• Ability to learn and follow Library policies and procedures.
• Ability to troubleshoot basic maintenance issues.
• Ability to work both independently and under supervision.
• Ability to bend, reach, crouch, work on ladders, and occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
Education and Experience
• Some maintenance experience preferred.
• Needs Independent Contractor Coverage
• On call position
• Hourly wage starts at $10/per hour. Minimum 1 hour wage paid if/when called to library.
• Letters of interest can be sent to Fruitport District Library, 47 Park St. P.O. Box K, Fruitport, MI 49415 or dropped off at the library.