Fruitport Community Schools
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
Fruitport High School Media Center
Monday, September 16, 2019 – 7:00 p.m.
I. CALL to ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Welcome – Lauren Chesney
Fruitport Planning Commission – Jay Bolt
VII. REMARKS FROM THE PUBLIC*
VIII. SUPERINTENDENT/ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Approval of Special Board Meeting Minutes of August 26, 2019 (attachment IX-1)
2. Approval of Bills (attachment IX-2)
General Fund $218,216.18
Early Childhood Center 1,101.31
Food Service 960.00
Coop Ed (ISD) Tech Millage 176,239.55
Capital Projects 241,099.51
Total Bill List $637,616.55
3. Acceptance of Monthly Financial Report and ACH Transactions (attachment IX-3)
4. Acceptance of Student Activity Summary Report (attachment IX-4)
5. Acceptance of Credit Card and Utilities Report (attachment IX-5)
6. Approval of Capital Projects Progress Report (attachment IX-6)
7. Approval of Personnel Report (includes confirmation of new hires, resignations, retirees, and transfers) (attachment IX-7)
X. GENERAL BOARD BUSINESS
XI. BUSINESS & FINANCE COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Elroy Buckner, Chairperson
1. Report of Committee Meeting held September 9, 2019 (attachment XI-1)
2. Authority to Borrow Funds (attachment XI-2)
XII. PERSONNEL COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Steve Kelly, Chairperson
1. Report of Committee Meeting held September 9, 2019 (attachment XII-1)
2. Principal/Assistant Principal Merit Pay (attachment XII-2)
XIII. STUDENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE REPORTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Jill Brott, Chairperson
XIV. BOARD MEMBER REPORTS AND DISCUSSIONS
XV. AGENDA ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS & SCHEDULING OF SPECIAL MEETINGS
1. Board Workshop, September 25, 2019 @ 6:00 p.m.
2. Business & Finance Committee will meet Monday, October 14th @ 11:30 a.m.
3. Personnel Committee will meet Monday, October 14th @ 5:00 p.m.
4. Student Affairs Committee will meet Wednesday, October 16th @ 12:00 p.m.
XVI. REMARKS FROM THE PUBLIC*
*Time is provided for members of the audience to address the Board of Education regarding any topic including items on the agenda. The board is providing two opportunities for the public to comment during the meeting. The first is for people who wish to bring issues to the Board of Education for board consideration. At the end of the meeting the board will provide a brief opportunity for community members to comment on activities and/or discussion that took place during the board meeting. Time limits may be placed if a large number of individuals would like to address the board.