Monday, November 11, 2019
5:00 p.m. ~ Superintendent’s Office
Attendance: Tim Burgess, Dave Hazekamp, Mark Mesbergen, Bob Szymoniak
1. Letters of Agreement with the Clerical Association regarding a clerical position in ESU was shared, along with one pertaining to how the HSA is distributed for FEA members, and the elimination of FEA language that limited the years of service we can give to new hires. These will be action items for the Board agenda.
2. Conversation was held on how to attract more bus drivers and instructional assistants for employment. Incentive plans will be explored.
3. A plan was shared to ensure people get paid during our payroll officer’s maternity leave which is expected to begin in January.
4. It was reported that salary increases for members of the FEA would be based on the salary schedule and not the negotiated formula for the 2019/20 school year. With the drop of enrollment, the formula would generate less than what FEA members would get through a step.
5. A resolution for all employees with Priority Health insurance to join West Michigan Health Insurance Pool was shared as an action item for the upcoming Board meeting. This move reduces health care costs for employees. This will be an action item on the Board agenda.
Meeting adjourned at 5:25 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Bob Szymoniak