Village of Fruitport Budget Council Meeting Minutes – 3/8/2021

MARCH 8TH, 2021

1. Call to Order
President Roger Vanderstelt called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.

2. Roll Call
Present: Roger Vanderstelt, Amy Haack, Carl Rothenberger, Bill Overkamp, Jeff Guiles and Ann LaCroix

3. Approval of March 8th Budget meeting Agenda
Motion made by Amy to approve the March 8th budget meeting agenda, supported by Carl. With a unanimous vote, the motion carried.

4. Approval of February 15th budget and council meeting minutes
Motion made by Amy to approve the corrected budget meeting minutes that were sent out today and the council meeting minutes, supported by Carl. With a unanimous vote, the motion carried.

5. Public Comment

6. 2021-2022 Budget (remaining items from previous budget meeting)

a. Boat Launch attendant and Porta Potty
Roger discussed increasing the boat launch attendant wages from $13.00 per hour (approved at last council meeting) to $14.00 per hour for the upcoming season. Wages are paid by the boat launch earnings. A discussion took place. Motion made by Carl to approve the increase in wage to $14.00 per hour, supported by Jeff. Roll Call AYES: Haack, Rothenberger, Overkamp, Guiles and Vanderstelt.
An additional discussion took place about increasing the responsibilities of the boat launch attendant. Roger, Ann, and boat launch attendant Margo will work together on a schedule and the new responsibilities and present to council at a future meeting.
Porta Potty – Roger suggested putting a second porta potty in the changing room building. A discussion took place and Ann will check on the cost for having the original porta potty cleaned twice a week and the cost of adding a second porta potty for holiday weekend.

b. Council wages. Carl reviewed the document provided by the treasurer breaking down the cost of increasing the council wages. Due to the recent council reduction the cost would be minimal at approximately $500.00 a year. The current council wage was set in 1988.
Ann will check on the process of changing the ordinance and this will be on the next meeting agenda.

c. Review of current fiscal year budget items. Ann reviewed the carry over items from last years budget that will be included in next year’s budget.

d. Next fiscal year budget discussion. Ann reviewed the new items for consideration.
The DPW provided a wish list. A discussion took place, and it was determined that the council would like more information about the items and how they are prioritized. This is a multi-year wish list.

7. Public Comment

8. Adjournment
Motion made by Carl to adjourn the meeting at 7:09pm, supported by Jeff. With a unanimous vote, the motion carried.

Respectfully submitted by,
Ann LaCroix