Kent County Hospitality Association Says “Let’s Get Back to Work” by hosting an industry-wide Job Fair on Thursday, September 9
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – The Kent County Hospitality Association is hosting a county-wide job fair on Thursday, September 9 from 10am until 6pm at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids. So far, two dozen businesses have signed up to talk with potential employees about jobs in various sectors within the hospitality industry – including hotels, restaurants, breweries, distilleries, attractions, events and those providing goods and services to the industry. There is no charge to attend this event and parking is free in the lot underneath DeVos.
Participating Businesses Include:
- Affordable Limousine LLC.
- AHC Hospitality
- Aimbridge Hospitality
- Anna’s House
- ASM Global- Grand Rapids
- Best Western Plus Grand Castle Inn & Suites
- Bier Distillery
- Block by Block
- Bluewater Technologies
- Brewery Vivant and Broad Leaf Brewery & Spirits
- City of Grand Rapids
- Culinary Cultivations
- Daddy Pete’s BBQ
- Danzon Cubano
- DK Security
- DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Rapids
- Ellis Parking Company
- Federal Express
- Founders Brewing Co
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- Gilmore Catering
- GLC Live at 20 Monroe
- Grand Rapids Harley-Davidson & Fox Powersports
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Grand Valley State University/HTM
- Gun Lake Casino
- Holiday Inn Express Lodge And Suites
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown
- IATSE Local 26
- John Ball Zoo
- KITCHEN SAGE
- Lodgco Hospitality
- N&P Hospitality Inc
- New Holland Brewing Co
- Radisson Hotel Grand Rapids Riverfront & River Rock Dining and Lounge
- Railside Golf Club
- RedWater Collection
- Revel Hospitality Staffing
- ShowSpan, Inc. / GR Wine Festival
- Spectrum Health
- Staffing Inc
- Suburban Inns
- Texas Roadhouse
- The Plaza Hotel Grand Rapids
- Tru by Hilton Grand Rapids Airport
- Uccello’s Hospitality Group
The list of participating businesses is also posted online at https://fb.me/e/EBxA2S5J.
PANDEMIC SAFETY PROTOCOL
We want to assure everyone that we are very mindful of the current situation and ongoing concerns that have evoked further caution due to the delta variant. We are taking precautions to keep everyone safe during our in-person Job Fair:
- We suggest masks be worn during the job fair at all times, except when eating or drinking. This includes any social gatherings and interviews being held on the exhibit floor. As of this writing, masks are required in Grand Rapids; this, however, may change, and we will abide by any restrictions and guidelines that local health authorities impose.
- A limited supply of masks will be available at registration, and hand sanitizer stations will be staged throughout DeVos Place, including on the exhibit hall floor’ Please practice social distancing wherever possible. We ask that everyone use their own due diligence and protect each other. Please allow for at least six feet of distance between each other when walking.
- If you suspect you may have contracted and are showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the job fair.
- This is the first time we have planned a job fair under these conditions. We ask that everyone continue to be patient as we work through this. Guidelines may change as we get closer to or even during the event.
- The convention center and arena have safely and successfully hosted meetings and events over the past several months. We are working closely with our hospitality partners to benefit from their experience as well.
- DeVos Place has engaged a sanitation program that includes upgrades to its HVAC air filtration system and disinfection of high-touch areas.
To learn more about these and additional measures at DeVos Place, click here: www.devosplace.org/p/about1/venueshield
About the Kent County Hospitality Association
The mission of the Kent County Hospitality Association is to provide Kent County hospitality related businesses an opportunity to meet professionally with a common interest to better serve our industry and community while furthering the overall tourism landscape of our region.