WHAT: CBL Properties, the parent company of The Lakes Mall in Muskegon, MI presents Girls World Expo 2016! This one-day, fun-filled event combines education and participation to help girls 11-18 imagine, believe in, and shape their futures. In workshops, seminars, demonstrations, and displays, they explore different college and career choices with the help of mentors and experts in those fields, learn how to create a healthy body image by uncovering the facts about food and nutrition, unlock the secrets to staying safe online and in life, and hear success stories from local women leaders from all walks of life. Girls World Expo is a safe and upbeat event where girls can interact with one another and enjoy their shared interests!
WHEN: Sunday, March 6, 2016 | 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
WHERE: The Lakes Mall
5600 Harvey St., Muskegon MI 49444
EVENTS (partial list):
• Seminars on today’s trending topics, such as body image, bullying, self-esteem, healthy relationships and self-defense.
• A marketplace with local vendors displaying clothing, jewelry, books, art and salon items.
• “Bright Ideas,” showcasing STEM from local middle school and high school girls.
• College and career sessions for teens and parents, featuring information on career paths, degree programs, and internships.
• A runway fashion show featuring local girls from the community.
• An art show, live music and dance.
• An awards ceremony recognizing local Girls of Merit.
• Non-profit and community service opportunities.
Must pre-register for the event at www.girlsworldexpo.com.
For questions and more information about the expo, please e-mail email@example.com