The Ottawa County Sheriff Office is seeking applicants for the Senior Volunteer Program. Senior volunteers provide important services for Ottawa County:
• conducting home security checks
• enforcing handicapped parking rules
• processing abandoned vehicles
• transferring police vehicles for maintenance
• community events and parades
• and other needed services.
Last year, the volunteers logged 3690 hours of service in Ottawa County.
Senior volunteers should be age 50 or older, must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a criminal background check. Those interested in the Senior Volunteer Program should contact Captain Bob Tease at 616-738-4010 or email@example.com.