The following is the last published minutes of Fruitport’s Downtown Development Authority. Links to other public records regarding 2021 DDA meetings can be found below.
Minutes of DDA Board meeting on August 24, 2021 – Held at Fruitport Charter Township Hall
CALL TO ORDER – 6:04 pm
Present – Larry Hall, Frank Matice, Gary Smith, Todd Dunham, Randy Klingel, Tim Reilly, Heidi Tice – Larry Romanilli -via zoom location was Manistee.
Absent – Mark Campbell, Jason Bronhold
APPROVAL OF AGENADA
Motion by Todd to approve as submitted, 2nd by Tim – vote unanimous- motion carried
- PUBLIC COMMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING (ANNUAL MEETING)
Motion by Heidi, 2nd by Randy – vote unanimous – motion carried
- MOTION TO RECOMMEND TO THE FRUITPORT TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE 2021 DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND TAX INCREMENT FINANCING PLAN
Motion by Todd to open discussion, 2nd by Gary – vote unanimous – motion carried
Much discussion ensued:
• Filling in the blanks in section II – B – II -L was decided approximately 500 residents are within the DDA boundaries.
• Provide the exhibits – Todd is working with assessing and will be completed within the week.
• Section II, D, 1 – Gary would like to see the costs for this project. Larry will provide this information
• Section II, I – board would like to remove Proceeds from a special assessment district created as provided by law; – removed from document.
Motion to close discussion by Heidi, 2nd by Frank – vote unanimous – motion carried
Motion by Heidi, 2nd by Larry Hall to recommend THE 2021 DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND TAX INCREMENT FINANCING PLAN with the following addition/corrections:
• Filing blanks in sections II, B, 2 (the property the township owns within the DDA boundaries) and 3 private land uses within the development
• Include costs for section II, D, 1 for the golf course apartment complex.
• In section II, I remove option of financing that states “Proceeds from a special assessment district created as provided by law;”
• Section II, L to be 500 persons residing in the development area.
• Complete exhibits A, B, C, D & E
ROLL CALL VOTE:
Larry Hall (yes) Larry Romanilli (yes) Frank (yes) Gary (yes) Todd (yes) Randy (yes) Tim (yes) Heidi (yes) – Motion carried
Discussion about Jason Bronhold’s absences on the board. The board felt they would not need to replace Jason since the board will have nine members without him, which is the minimum amount they need. This would also make and odd number for voting purposes. Motion by Todd, second by Tim to ask for Jason’s resignation from the board since he hasn’t attended since the first meeting.
ROLL CALL VOTE:
Larry Hall (yes), Gary (no), Randy (yes), Frank (yes), Todd (yes), Larry Romanilli (yes), Tim (yes), Heidi (yes) – Motion carried.
Motion to ADJOURN by Randy, 2nd by Heidi – vote unanimous – motion carried
Meeting Adjourned 6:40 pm